Sunday, May 18, 2014

Macrame love

Macrame is a knotting technique that is belived to be originated among the 13th century Arabic weavers. Earliest representations were found in the carvings of the Babylonians and Assyrians. Macrame can be used to make a simple knotted bottle or plant holder. But the knotting can graduate into very complex decorative pieces, bags, jewelry or even fabric. I am taking my baby steps in macrame and I don't think I will ever be able to make a complex macrame piece. However, I am overjoyed at the possibilities of a hanging planter :)

A beer bottle macramed into a hanging planter :)


There is something so charming about the affair between light and beer bottles. There is something equally charming about the affair between biriyani and beer bottles, but that is another story I am reserving for a better time.


My my!


Just days after the beer bottle was installed (yeah, installed), we carried out macrame love to kerala.

Here is us tightening the knots in a macrame plant holder.
Me, Ma and the Boy.


Plant on a mango tree.

Mother plants orchids in coconut husks.

Macrame knots.


Next summer vacation, this planter will be replaced with a swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...